I paid close attention when a FB friend & fellow classmate (Fred Swain) gave reviews of some of the best joints for BBQ.
This is why the KHS Class of ’94 Reunion BBQ ranks #1 in the state of Texas:
1) All meat cooked “Low and Slow”, wrapped in aluminum foil half way into the smoke, Premium USDA Select.
2) Juicy meats, Served hot, Pull apart meat.
3) All you can eat BUFFET.
4) BYOB (Ice-cold Ozarka, Minute-Maid Lemonade & Coca-Cola also provided).
5) It’s a FREE BBQ Picnic.
6) A portion of the tip money raised goes towards Beyond Batten Foundation.
7) Private Clubhouse event (Privacy).
8) Plenty of quality side dishes (Wide Variety). Bring a side to share (SEE BELOW LIST).
9) We will provide plastic utensils and (Instead of paper plates) Brand new 12″X16″ serving trays lined with freezer/butcher paper. Authentic BBQ presentation! Paper towels also provided.
10) Patron Anejo Tequila & Tito’s Hand-made Vodka provided (750ml of each) I will have several limes also. Plastic shot glasses provided. PLEASE limit to 2 shots per person.
11) Variety of BBQ Sauces, and the Good ones! Pickles, Onions & Jalapenos also provided.
12) Home-made Pecan Pies & Brownies to finish it all off (Compliments of Rachel Courtney Brewer).
13) Food available until 8:45pm, Venue open until 12:00 Midnight.
14) Select Beers on ice (Quantities limited–Two 6-packs available) “Newcastle Brown Ale and New Belgium 1554” in 12oz bottles.
15) Very nice playground & swing-set for the Kids.
16) Possible DJ Outside.
17) Friendly Non-arrogant staff serving the meat.
18) You’re surrounded by friends!
19) Clean bathrooms.
20) Cold fridge for your drinks (Or bring a cooler of Ice).
PLEASE COME TO THE BBQ PICNIC!
I have decided to smoke 2 Beef Briskets just to make sure we don’t run out of BBQ. I will be borrowing a friends smoker to do this.
Stuffed Jalapenos (Qty 40)
Rib-eye Shish-Kebabs (3 skewers)
Seafood Shish-Kebabs (2 skewers)
- 2 beef briskets
- 8 full size racks of pork Baby Back ribs
- One 12 pound Fried marinade injected turkey (Butterball, fried in peanut oil)
- 8 full links Freshly made pork sausage (Garlic and Jalapeno)
- One Pulled pork shoulder (Smoked with Cherry, Hickory and Maple wood) Fall apart meat!
- One beer can chicken (Smoked with Cherry, Hickory and Maple wood) Special Stubb’s and Newcastle Brown Ale Mix
- Crock-Pot full of home-made “Texas 7 Chile Chili” with diced onions, crackers & freshly grated Cheddar and Monterrey Jack cheese to top it. Small amounts of Jalapeno, Poblano, Cayenne, Oriental Red Chile, Red Pepper Flakes, Chipotle & Habanero. Great taste and a mild spicy rating.
- 40 cuts of chicken tenderloin Bacon wrapped with onion, jalapeno and BBQ Sauce
CAJUN CREOLE FOOD & SEAFOOD:
Seafood/Sausage/Alligator Gumbo (16 qts) with steamed white rice
Freshly made Boudin (4 full links)
Grilled Wild caught Sockeye Salmon (One full-size fillet)
2 Dozen “Hartz Chicken” Yeast Rolls
Mrs. Baird’s White sliced bread
Fresh Sesame seed buns
Garlic Bread or Crazy Bread
One dozen “King’s Hawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls”
Jiffy Corn Bread
AND Plenty of 100% Butter
BRING A SIDE WITH YOU TO SHARE: Most items are $5 or less.
Mashed Potatoes & White Gravy
Bag of salad greens with Ranch dressing
Bush’s baked beans
Boston Market’s Mac & Cheese
Dozen Hartz Yeast Rolls
Wing Stop‘s Seasoned fries
Garlic bread or Little Caesar’s “Crazy Bread & Sauce”
Jiffy Corn bread
Claussen sliced pickles (Refrigerated section)
Vegetables (Carrots, Broccoli, Avocado, Celery, Cucumbers)
or anything else
I will need 2 people to bring an 8-pack of sesame seed buns.
CLICK HERE for the Sides Page
The above is based on the Online KHS POLL for food preference. Mexican Dominated (For Reunion Dinner) and southern food was in second place. Seafood came in third. All 3 types of food provided with ticket purchase.
WHEN: 6:00PM Friday 2019
WHERE: Spring Creek Forest Clubhouse (17512 Fairway Oaks Drive, 77379)
ONE LAST REQUEST: If you have had too much to drink and need a ride, please ask! I will have our Tundra (seats me + 4) and it has a kickin’ aftermarket stereo system & speakers for the ride home. XM Radio, USB and HD Radio. You can leave your car(s) in the SCF Clubhouse parking lot until the Breakfast Saturday next morning. I haven’t had a drink in over 10 years, so you are guaranteed a sober driver. -Bryan Banek