I paid close attention when a FB friend & fellow classmate (Fred Swain) gave reviews of some of the best joints for BBQ.
This is why the KHS Class of ’94 Reunion BBQ ranks #1 in the state of Texas:
1) All meat cooked “Low and Slow”, wrapped in aluminum foil half way into the smoke, Premium USDA Select.
2) Juicy meats, Served hot, Pull apart meat.
3) All you can eat BUFFET. Meat served @ ~Noon.
4) BYOB==>Drink Responsibly (Ice-cold Ozarka, Minute-Maid Lemonade & Coca-Cola also provided).
5) It’s a FREE BBQ Picnic.
6) A portion of the tip money raised goes towards Beyond Batten Foundation.
7) Private Clubhouse event (Privacy).
8) Plenty of quality side dishes (Wide Variety). Bring a side to share (SEE BELOW LIST).
9) We will provide plastic utensils and Chinet paper platter plates. Paper towels/napkins also provided.
10) 375ml Patron Anejo Tequila & 375ml Tito’s Hand-made Vodka provided. I will have several limes also. Plastic shot glasses provided. PLEASE limit to 1 shot per person. Keep our roads safe!
11) Variety of BBQ Sauces, and the Good ones! Pickles, Onions & Jalapenos also provided.
12) Kroger’s Pecan Pies & Brownies (Compliments of Rachel Courtney Brewer) to finish it all off . 2 HEB Blackberry cobblers.
13) Food available until 1:00pm, Venue open until 2:00pm.
14) Select Beers on ice (Quantities limited–Two 6-packs available) “Newcastle Brown Ale and New Belgium Fat Tire” in 12oz bottles. Please limit to 1 per person. Keep our roads safe.
15) Very nice playground & swing-set for the Kids.
16) DJ Outside, Weather permitting.
17) Friendly Non-arrogant staff serving the meat. My Father! 🙂
18) You’re surrounded by friends!
19) Clean bathrooms.
20) Cold fridge for your drinks (Or bring a cooler of Ice).
PLEASE COME TO THE BBQ PICNIC!
Rib-eye Shish-Kebabs (2 skewers)
Seafood Shish-Kebabs (2 skewers)
- Beef brisket
- 8 full size racks of pork Baby Back ribs
- One 12 pound Fried marinade injected turkey (Butterball, fried in peanut oil)
- 8 full links Freshly made pork sausage (Garlic and Jalapeno/cheese)
- Two Pork Boston Butt (Smoked with Cherry, Hickory and Maple wood) Fall apart meat!
- Crock-Pot full of home-made “Texas 7 Chile Chili” with diced onions, crackers & freshly grated Cheddar and Monterrey Jack cheese to top it. Small amounts of Jalapeno, Poblano, Cayenne, Oriental Red Chile, Red Pepper Flakes, Chipotle & Habanero. Great taste and a mild spicy rating.
- 24 cuts of chicken tenderloin Bacon wrapped with onion, jalapeno and BBQ Sauce
CAJUN CREOLE FOOD & SEAFOOD:
Seafood/Sausage Gumbo (16 qts) with steamed white rice
Grilled Wild caught Sockeye Salmon (One full-size fillet)
Grilled Steelhead Trout (One full-size fillet)
2 Dozen “Hartz Chicken” Yeast Rolls
Mrs. Baird’s White sliced bread
Fresh Sesame seed buns
Garlic Bread or Crazy Bread
One dozen “King’s Hawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls”
Jiffy Corn Bread
AND Plenty of 100% Butter
BRING A SIDE WITH YOU TO SHARE: Most items are $5 or less.
Mashed Potatoes & White Gravy
Bag of salad greens with Ranch dressing
Bush’s baked beans
Dozen Hartz Yeast Rolls
Wing Stop‘s Seasoned fries
Garlic bread or Little Caesar’s “Crazy Bread & Sauce”
Jiffy Corn bread
Claussen sliced pickles (Refrigerated section)
Vegetables (Carrots, Broccoli, Avocado, Celery, Cucumbers)
or anything else
I will need 2 people to bring an 8-pack of sesame seed buns.
CLICK HERE for the Sides Page
The above is based on the Online KHS POLL for food preference. Mexican Dominated (Grab a group for Saturday night dinner) and southern food was in second place. Seafood came in third. For the out-of-towners, that’s Mexican, BBQ and Seafood only Texans know how to cook.
WHEN: 11:30AM-1:30PM Saturday September 21, 2019
WHERE: Spring Creek Forest Clubhouse (17512 Fairway Oaks Drive, 77379)