I paid close attention when a FB friend & fellow classmate (Fred Swain) gave reviews of some of the best joints for BBQ.
This is why the KHS Reunion BBQ ranks #1 in the state of Texas:
1) All meat cooked “Low and Slow”, wrapped in aluminum foil half way into the smoke, Premium USDA Select
2) Juicy meats, Served hot, Pull apart meat
3) All you can eat BUFFET
4) BYOB (Ice-cold Ozarka, Minute-Maid Lemonade & Coca-Cola also provided)
5) It’s a FREE BBQ Picnic
6) A portion of the tip money raised goes towards Beyond Batten Foundation
7) Private Clubhouse event (Privacy)
8) Plenty of quality sides (Wide Variety)
9) We will provide plastic utensils and (Instead of paper plates) Brand new 12″X16″ serving trays lined with freezer/butcher paper. Authentic BBQ presentation! Paper towels also provided.
10) Patron Anejo Tequila & Tito’s Hand-made Vodka provided (1.75L of each) I will have several limes also. Plastic shot glasses provided.
11) Pecan Pies & Brownies to finish it all off (Compliments of Rachel Courtney Brewer)
12) Variety of BBQ Sauces, and the Good ones! Pickles, Onions & Jalapenos also provided
13) Food available until 9:00pm, Venue open until 12:00 Midnight
14) Select Beers on ice (Quantities limited–Two 6-packs available) “Newcastle Brown Ale and New Belgium 1554” in 12oz bottles.
15) Very nice playground & swing-set for the Kids
16) Possible DJ Outside
17) Friendly Non-arrogant staff serving the meat
18) You’re surrounded by friends
19) Clean bathrooms
20) Cold fridge for your drinks (Or bring a cooler of Ice)
PLEASE COME TO THE BBQ PICNIC!
I have decided to smoke 2 Beef Briskets just to make sure we don’t run out of BBQ. I will be borrowing a friends smoker to do this.
Stuffed Jalapenos (Qty 40)
Rib-eye Shish-Kebabs (2 skewers)
Seafood Shish-Kebabs (2 skewers)
-8 full size pork Baby Back ribs
-One 12lb Fried marinade injected turkey (Butterball)
-8 full links Freshly made pork sausage (Garlic and Jalapeno)
-One Pulled pork shoulder (Smoked with Cherry, Hickory and Maple wood)
-One beer can chicken (Smoked with Cherry, Hickory and Maple wood) Special Stubb’s and Newcastle Brown Ale Mix
-Large pot full of home-made “7 Chile Chili”
CAJUN CREOLE FOOD & SEAFOOD:
Seafood/Sausage/Alligator Gumbo (24 qts)
Freshly made Boudin (5 links)
Grilled Wild caught Sockeye Salmon (2 full-size fillets)
3 Dozen Hartz Yeast Rolls
Mrs. Baird’s White sliced bread
Sesame seed buns
BRING A SIDE WITH YOU TO SHARE:
Mashed Potatoes & White Gravy
Bag of salad greens with Ranch dressing
Bush’s baked beans
Boston Market’s Mac & Cheese
Dozen Hartz Yeast Rolls
Wing Stop‘s Seasoned fries
or anything else
I will need 2 people to bring an 8-pack of sesame seed buns.
The above is based on the Online KHS POLL for food preference. Mexican Dominated (For Reunion Dinner) and southern food was in second place. Seafood came in third. All 3 types of food provided with ticket purchase.
WHEN: 6:00PM Friday 2019
WHERE: Spring Creek Forest Clubhouse
ONE LAST REQUEST: If you have had too much to drink and need a ride, please ask!